© 2014 Sunshine State Fiberarts Guild All rights reserved.
Our very new Art Yarn group. We've been approached in the past to start this up due to the large spike in interest in Spinning Textured Art yarn. With the cost of gas, and folks not able to travel far to attend other Art Yarn groups within the state. We decided it was time to start one in our area.
Welcome to Our Group page. ( We're not a guild, we are an division of the Sunshine State Fiberarts Guild )
If you like to create, think outside of the box and get funky with yarns then this group is totally for you!.
We look forward to meeting you and having a fun, creative time together.
- To attend our group meetings you will need a wheel that is able to spin big yarns. Usually just a simple updating of your flyer will be fine. Check with your wheel dealers for this attachment.
- Fiber for you to spin or card, Locks, Roving, Washed/Picked,Dyed etc.
- A understanding and some experience spinning art yarns and working with those yarns.
- Group geared for all spinners and inexperienced to advanced textured art yarn spinners.
- We meet once per month in Brooksville or Spring Hill
- No fee for joining our Spin/It Art Yarn group.
- We are a division of The Sunshine State Fiberarts Guild
- You do not need to bring a carder to the group, if you would like to,that is fantastic.
INFORMATION ABOUT OUR GROUP!
We Support the Following:
SWAY GUILD ( Southwest Art Yarn Guild )
in Sarasota, Debra Lambert
Picasso's Moon Yarn Shop
Jacey Boggs ( Instructor )
Lexi Boeger ( Instructor )
Woodland Hills Alpacas
11:00 to 4:00 pm
OPEN TO ALL SPINNERS!!!
WHEELS/FIBERART SUPPLIES WE RECOMMEND
Click for a list and a brief explaination as to why we recommend them.
WORKSHOPS in our area and within our state.